Monday, March 30, 2009

Craft Fair Updates



The craft fair at Washington Heights went pretty good considering it was good weather and not many shoppers. I sold 118 cupcakes and a few sugar cookies. There were a handful of my good friends and others that came just to buy cupcakes. I had samples of my vanilla and orangcicle out. It's always fun to watch people's reaction once they take a bite. There always that first hesitation to try anything and then once it reaches they're tastebuds they eyes get wide with exciment and a smile creeps up. Once they hear they're homemade and my own recipes they're impressed. There was also a number of people that had them at Christmas and right away bought more. I also met a lady that blogs for Ogden City and many people asked me where my shop was. Hopefully at Christmas I'll be able to tell them what coffee shops I'm in and send them that way. We'll see.
Monday I got my newest tat... it's a cupcake (surprise, surprise). My best friend Chet drew this for me almost a year ago. I'm not big into peace signs so I got a different cupcake on my back. After Chet passed away I realized how the drawing respresented out friendship. He was the peace sign with the flowering growing because he was working on being a better person (though God allowed me to see Chet they way God saw him) and I was the cupcake and he always saw me as a shining star. I truly miss Chet but know that he's much better now and is causing chaos up there in heaven.

I got it on my foot and it took an hour... yes it was painful and you can tell in the pic my foot is red a puffy.... but here you go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Charity, My name is Amanda and I am Chet's niece. Your tattoo looks great and I am really looking forward to having some of your cupcakes for my daughters 1st birthday!!